Dear Valued Guests,
As a locally owned and operated family business, we understand that these are uncertain and unprecedented times that we are facing with regards to the coronavirus (COVID-19), which the World Health Organization has declared a pandemic.
In light of the recent developments regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to inform you of the following steps we are taking to ensure the comfort, safety and well-being of our customers and associates:
- Increased frequency in the sanitization of all commonly used surfaces including but not limited to; Doorknobs, railings, elevator buttons, counter spaces and washrooms etc.
- Detailed hand washing instructions have been placed in all washroom facilities
- Increased levels of continual communication among all staff regarding; virus updates, personal prevention, continual sanitation, remaining home when ill and post-travel self-quarantine
- Staff training on readiness and best practices as outlined by World Health Organization, Health Canada, Alberta Health Services, Hotel Association of Canada (HAC), Alberta Hotel & Lodging Association
- Continually monitoring the status of this outbreak and communicating with our Associates and Customers
You should have confidence that we are doing everything we can to follow the proper protocols in our hotels, restaurants, lounges and meeting venues. We are closely monitoring the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Health Canada, and local health authorities for the latest developments related to COVID-19 and following the guidance of government and public health officials.
We have also experienced an increase in questions during the last few weeks about our cancellation policy. Please see below:
ROOMS RESERVATIONS: During this time, we have updated our cancellation policy to provide our customers the most flexibility that we can offer during these challenging times. Generally speaking, for guests with existing individual reservations, including pre-paid and non-refundable reservations, for new reservations and group reservations, we will allow changes or cancellations without a charge for up to 24 hours prior to arrival from now until May 31st, 2020. Please visit our website for the most up-to-date information and for additional details about availability and exclusions.
Guests booking with third parties (Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Agents, etc.) must contact their booking provider to edit or cancel their reservations and must follow their policies.
CONFERENCE & MEETING ROOMS: We are waiving all cancellation and attrition clauses for any booking that is over 250 people as per the Alberta Health and Safety regulations, until further notice. Some conditions may apply.
We are indebted to the healthcare workers, researchers, government officials who are committed to working tirelessly to prevent the spread of this virus and will continue to do our small part.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free 1.866.401.6682 or (780) 732.5721.
CEO, Nova Hotels