As a locally owned and operated family business, we understand that these are uncertain and challenging times that we are facing with regards to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The health & safety of our guests and our employees has always, and continues to be the most important thing to us. In light of the recent situation, we have updated some of our policies. We want you to rest easy in our guest rooms knowing that we are doing our best to keep you healthy and safe!
As a part of our STAY.CLEAN. program, we wanted to inform you of the following steps we are taking to ensure the comfort, safety and well-being of our Guests and Associates:
- Increased frequency in the sanitization of all commonly used surfaces including but not limited to; Doorknobs, railings, elevator buttons, counter spaces and washrooms etc.
- Detailed hand washing instructions have been placed in all washroom facilities
- Our Guests and Associates are asked to abide by the government recommended social distancing guidelines of 6 ft distancing at all times
- Increased and proper use of PPE where applicable
- Signage throughout the hotel
- Increased hand washing protocols have been implemented for all Associates
- Increased levels of continual communication among all Associates regarding; Virus updates, personal prevention, continual sanitation, remaining home when ill and post-travel self-quarantine
- Associate training on readiness and best practices as outlined by World Health Organization, Health Canada, Government Health Officials, Hotel Association of Canada (HAC)
- Continually monitoring the status of this outbreak and communicating with our Associates and Guests
- Working with our suppliers to ensure they are following the correct health & safety procedures
- All Associates have been trained and have signed off on our new policies
- Under the new Alberta Provincial Mandate, Masking is required in all public areas of the hotel including the lobby, elevators, hallways, etc.
- We ask that you wear your mask in our dining facilities unless seated
- We ask that you wear a mask while standing in the conference areas and may remove them while seated or consuming food or drinks
- We ask that you wear a mask into the fitness centre but they are not required while exercising
FRONT OFFICE & COMMON AREAS
- Work stations will be disinfected at the beginning and end of every shift, including after any interaction with other Associates or Guests
- We ask Guests not to loiter in common areas
- Increased frequency of cleaning of surfaces, elevators, reception desks, POS terminals, etc.
- Sanitization Stations have been made available to all Guests
- We ask that no more than 2 people in an elevator at a time, unless residing in the same room.
- Sanitization of guest room keys after every use
- Increased and detailed cleaning of all Fitness Areas and equipment
- We recommend scheduling a time with the front desk for use of Fitness Areas
- Contactless check out available
- Plexi glass barriers at the front desk
- Daily housekeeping service is no longer provided automatically. We will be servicing your room every third day unless otherwise requested or contracted. If you require extra service or amenities during your stay, we are happy to accommodate your request.
- Specialized deep cleaning of all checked out rooms, including (but not limited to) remotes, light switches, all surfaces, knobs, faucets, etc.
- Only approved commercial grade chemicals are to be used
- Housekeeping will always be wearing proper protective gear when entering a room
- Special Laundry protocols have been put in place
- According to health guide recommendations, we have removed all additional documents and paperwork from your rooms including Guest Directories. Please call the Front Desk to inquiry about any information about the hotel.
- We have removed our Deluxe Continental Breakfast and have replaced it with a boxed breakfast program. Please reach out to the front desk to arrange.
*for properties that offer this amenity
FOOD & BEVERAGE
All Food & Beverage outlets meet or exceed stringent Government Health Agency requirements including Food Handling Safety and Occupational Health & Safety audits. To ensure compliance, Nova Hotels is working with the Health Inspectors to identify and implement new protocols to safeguard against COVID-19. Associates are Food Safe Certified and ProServe trained. Please ask our General Manager for more details.
- All menus are sanitized after each use
- Food & Beverage Servers are asked to wear proper PPE at all times
- Take Out dining is also available upon request. Please call the front desk to order
- All items are removed from the tables. If you require any additional condiments, please ask your server.
Please ask the front desk for current hours of operation or visit our website.
As our Guests, we ask that you abide by the following:
- Social distancing
- Respect our policies and Associates as we navigate this and try and provide you with the safest environment possible
- If you become ill or are ill, please notify one of our Associates immediately
If you have any concerns about your stay, please contact the hotel and ask to speak to the General Manager. We want you to rest easy in our guest rooms knowing that we are doing our best to provide you with a clean and safe place to stay.